The Washington County Board of Commissioners accredited a contract with HGA July 6 for the Washington County Historic Courthouse Exterior Rehabilitation Task.
The agreement is for $399,890.
The Washington County Historic Courthouse is one particular of the oldest standing courthouses in Minnesota, and was mentioned on the National Sign up of Historic Destinations in 1971. The courthouse is a two-story brick-faced masonry developing. The first courthouse was crafted in 1870, with subsequent additions of the jail and what is now the vault exhibit area, which had been developed in 1900. A ramp and stairs at the west side of the courthouse is of the additional latest design.
Washington County moved the judicial and county products and services out of the developing in 1975. The courthouse is now section of the Washington County Parks technique.
In 1979, Washington County mounted a new lead coated copper roof. In 2017, an evaluation of creating and web-site was done. In the closing report, it was recommended that the county carry out a comprehensive inspection of the exterior of the making. In 2018, that exterior was inspected and the desired restoration undertaking scope was developed.
The deal is for architectural solutions to substitute the roof, restore the cupola, and restore the brick and mortar. The firm will do an assessment of the ailment of the developing, build design paperwork, get permits and agency approvals, and make files that will be applied to solicit bids.
Funding for the task will be from the Historic Courthouse Restoration Fund.